Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Quote of the Week: Scarcity and Abundance



I am sharing another great post by Sasha Dichter, Chief Innovation Officer at the Acumen Fund. It is about the concepts of scarcity and abundance. He says:
It is so easy to experience what we feel we lack.


There's never enough time or enough money.


We could do it if we just had a little more access, a little more support.


I'll start my new business soon, I'm just not quite ready.


I'll start blogging as soon as I come up with a few more ideas.


I'll take that big leap once it becomes just a little clearer what the other side looks like.


Scarcity.


Abundance comes when you start practicing abundance. It's a decision, an attitude, a state of mind, and a practice.


I know I have to work on it each and every day. And it is work. But I keep at it.


What a critically important concept for charities and fundraisers. Think about it. Who wants to fund scarcity? What is "richer" than an abundance of ideas, optimism, affirmation, and certainty? It is a state of mind, an attitude, an outlook. 


Abundance. 


Let's all work on it -- and practice it everyday.



No comments:

Post a Comment